The Pure Talents Contest – Compact
- Internationally recognised design competition for young male and female designers
- Already in its 19th edition - Takes place annually as part of the imm cologne
- International jury made up of renowed designers, media, manufacturers, alumni, etc.
- Starting point for design careers - Many products and their designers found their way into collections of renowned manufacturers
- Offers excellent media coverage
Imm cologne categories
Furniture | Home Accessories | Lighting | Floor Coverings, Wallpapers and Textiles | Smart Home
- Overall concept
- Originality of the design
- Conceptual and visionary quality
- Quality of form and presentation / Sustainability
The conditions of participation at a glance
Design students and up-and-coming designers from all over the world are invited to enter, providing that they graduated no more than three years ago, The designs should be no more than one year old. Product entries are restricted to prototypes that are not yet in series production. At most, they may be in the preparation stage for series production. Products submitted may have already been on show at other exhibitions or have been featured in publications. Every participant may enter up to three products.
The submitted product(s) should already exist as a 1:1 model for presentation in the exhibition. If this is not the case, the participant can produce a 1:1 model at his own expense until the time of the exhibition. Exclusively in the case of the kitchen appliances product category, entries may be submitted and exhibited in the form of design models and therefore do not need to be entered as working prototypes.
Dates about the PTC
Mid May Start Call for entries
22. September: Registration deadline
End September: Jury session – Selection of nominees
Mid Oktober: Announcement of nominees
Beginning of November Start PR campain
January: Awards presentation